What is your Poker Tournament Cancellation Policy?
Please note that this Policy relates to Tournaments that were cancelled and were unable to complete on our servers. If you've had loading issues or left the Tournament by any other means you can find more information here.
- If a Tournament has not started (for cancellation purposes a Tournament is only considered started when the first hand has been dealt) - All players are refunded their buy-in (prize contribution and entry fee) in the same format in which they bought in. For instance, if a player bought into a Tournament using a ticket, then they would be refunded the same ticket (with same expiry).
- If a Tournament has started and no players have been eliminated - All players are refunded their total buy-in, in cash. If a player bought in with a ticket, then players will be refunded the cash value of the ticket.
- If a Tournament has started, at least one player has been eliminated and the next player to be eliminated is not due to receive a prize - Players remaining in the Tournament will be refunded their total buy-in, in cash. Buy-ins from players who have been eliminated will then be distributed proportionately, according to chip count. Guaranteed parts of the prize pool not covered by buy-ins (overlays) will not be redistributed.
- If a Tournament has started, at least one player has been eliminated and the next player to be eliminated is due to win a prize (no ticket prizes in the prize pool) - Players remaining in the Tournament will receive the prize amount due to be credited to the next player eliminated. The remainder of the prize pool is then distributed proportionately according to chip count. Players remaining in the Tournament will also be refunded the entry fee part of their total buy-in.
- If a Tournament has started, at least one player has been eliminated, one or more prizes in the Tournament is a ticket and the next player to be eliminated is due to win a prize - Players remaining in the Tournament will receive the advertised prize’s in the Tournament according to their chip count. For example, if 1st place is due to win a ticket, the player with the largest chip stack at the time of the cancellation will win that ticket. In the case of a tie in chip stacks, one player will be randomly selected to win the prize. Players remaining in the Tournament will also be refunded the entry fee part of their total buy-in.
- In the case of a Wild Seat Tournament, randomly assigned prizes are not taken into consideration and calculations only use players' total buy-ins (potential prizes that have not been revealed are not distributed).
What happens if I lose connection during a Tournament?
Please note if an individual is disconnected from the Internet or closes the Tournament window then the games will proceed in accordance with section 16.1 and 16.2 of the Terms and Conditions. Namely, if you are disconnected from a multiplayer Poker game or Tournament during a hand, you will be treated as sitting out. This means you will pass your action i.e. check or fold your hand automatically. You will post blinds automatically when it is your turn to post blinds.